About Hospitality Assured
|“The Bahamas is blessed with a vast untapped potential of wonderful small properties throughout our many islands. Many are just waiting to be discovered. Hospitality Assured helps provide guests just that…an assurance that these properties have put in place procedures and practices aimed at ensuring guest satisfaction”
Robert ‘Sandy’ Sands,
Standard for service and business excellence
Hospitality Assured was created by the Institute of Hospitality (U.K.) specifically for the tourism and hospitality sector to improve service quality. The 9-step framework is also used for businesses outside of the tourism and hospitality industry. The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) owns the license to operate the programme in the region.
To promote a culture of quality, service excellence and continuous improvement in the Caribbean, which are driven by international standards and certification, in order to strengthen the business performance and overall competitiveness of tourism enterprises in the region.
Why become Hospitality Assured?
Becoming Hospitality Assured tells customers that service excellence is guaranteed by your company. The Hospitality Assured framework can help to:
- Improve quality standards on a continuous basis thereby or thus improving overall business performance and competitiveness.
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty thereby or thus building a reputation that generates repeat and new business
- Improve leadership and management skills
- Improve staff morale and motivate employees
- Reduce staff turnover and identify you as a quality employer
- Increase market share and prove you are one of the best in the industry
- Enhance your marketability and generate great Public Relations
- Develop service ideals, values and principles that support a culture of excellence
Who can become Hospitality Assured?
Any hospitality, leisure or tourism related organisation is eligible for HA, be they large or small, single or multi-unit, as long as they hold a desire to improve service to customers and to achieve operational and business excellence